Effective from 28th August, 2023
Piramal Pharma Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Company’) respects your privacy, and is committed to protect your personal information and assures that the information made available to the Company will be safely maintained.
The Company will use its best efforts to prevent inadvertent disclosure of your personal information to unauthorized personnel or to any other third-party vendor. The Company will not publish any personal information provided by you.
Please note that the Company’s website and other digital platforms may contain links to third-party vendor websites and other digital platforms which are provided for your convenience.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly using identifier such as, but not limited to, name, contact details, identification number or location data.
Personal information may also include Sensitive Personal Data or Information (also referred to as ‘special categories of personal data’) which consists of information relating to, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data, medical records and history, etc.
Your personal information will be collected on a need-to-know basis to provide products or services as requested by you. The Company will obtain your explicit written consent (through letter or fax or email) where necessary prior to processing your personal information for any purpose other than what is mentioned below.
The Company may supplement the personal information that you provide with other information obtained from the Company’s dealings with you or which the Company receives from other organizations, such as, the Company’s third- party vendors.
Please note, if you do not choose to provide the Company with the requested personal information or later withdraw consent provided earlier, the Company will be unable to offer you products or services.
The Company will use your personal information for the following lawful business purposes:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in and to communicate with you in respect thereof.
- to share with third parties who are also involved in administering and providing products or services you request or have expressed an interest in.
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable.
- to update you and make subsequent offers about other relevant products and services that may be of your interest.
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes.
- for record keeping purposes.
- to carry out market research and get feedback so that the Company can improve the products and services offered. to create an individual profile for you so that the Company can understand and respect your preferences.
- to personalize and improve your experience on the Company’s digital platforms.
- For profiling purposes to enable the Company to personalize and/or tailor any marketing and any other communications that you may consent to receive from the Company.
- To fulfil any regulatory or legal requirements applicable to the Company.
- To understand and monitor user engagement on the Company’s digital platforms.
When the Company provides you with products or services or where you register with the Company your interest in the Company’s products or services, the Company may collect and store your personal information, for example, when you sign up for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from the Company/ Group Companies (and/ or from our third-party vendors), fill in one of our forms, participate in any consumer/ market surveys or such like (whether online or offline) or otherwise provide the Company with your personal information for purposes listed above.
When you interact with the Company’s digital platforms, the Company may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to understand how you use the Company’s digital platforms and to create more relevant communications:
- how you have reached the Company’s digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used.
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system.
- your journey through the Company’s digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information.
- what content you like or share.
- which adverts you saw and responded to
- which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- your subscription status
- information collected in any forms you complete
The Company may also infer your location from the IP address you have used to access the Company’s digital platforms and the Company may analyze which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on the Company’s digital platforms (e.g., downloading the app).
The Company shall enable you with an option not to provide the information sought to be collected, provide, or deny consent for use of personal information and to revoke consent already granted at the time of collecting personal information.
The Company shall share the purpose of collection of personal information every time the Company seeks your consent.
Please notify the Company of any changes to your personal information.
The Company understands the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using the Company’s products and services.
If you are under the age of 16 and wish to register on the Company’s digital platforms, consent of your parent or legal guardian would be required. You must make sure that your parent or legal guardian knows and agrees each time before you:
- email the Company or ask the Company to email anything to you.
- send any information to the Company.
- enter any competition or game that requires information about you or offers a prize.
- purchase an official membership.
- offer or agree to buy anything online.
For so long as you are under the age of 16, the Company shall not send you any marketing communications, allow you to access any of the Company’s digital platform message boards, or share your details with the Company’s partners, until we receive the consent from the parents or guardians of the underage users. However, if you have signed up to receive a product or service, the Company may contact you about this.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company may share your personal information with associated third-party vendors except where such disclosure has been agreed to in the contract between you and the Company or the sharing is required as per statutory or regulatory requirement. Such third-party vendors may process personal information on the Company’s behalf as necessary, in connection with providing the Company’s products and services, fulfilling contractual arrangements and legal or regulatory requirements.
The Company requires that the third-party vendors protect your personal information, only process it for the purposes it was shared for and not disclose it further.
The Company may share your personal information with law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request the Company to disclose the information.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Many countries do not afford the same legal protection to personal information as you might enjoy in your country of origin. While your personal information is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that country in accordance with its laws.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In common with many other website operators, the Company uses standard technology called ‘cookies’ on its website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they are used to record how you navigate the Company’s website on each visit.
The Company automatically collects and temporarily stores the following information about your visit:
- the name of the domain you use to access the Internet.
- the date and time of your visit.
- the pages you visited.
- the address of the web site you came from when you came to visit.
The Company uses this information for statistical purposes and to help make the Company’s site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company takes reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and requires any third-party vendors that handle or process your personal information for the Company to do the same. Access to your personal information is limited to the purpose and is restricted to prevent any unauthorized use, modification, or misuse of such personal information.
The Company shall manage security breaches that impact personal information as per the Company’s incident management processes.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Company shall provide you with reasonable access to view and review your personal information and request correction and deletion where appropriate. In order to protect your privacy, the Company shall take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal information.
You have the right to inform the Company if you:
- do not want to be contacted by the Company in the future.
- would like a copy of the personal information which the Company holds about you.
- would like to delete your personal information from the Company’s records (including the Company’s applications and applications of third-party vendors used to provide services to you).
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information.
- would like to correct or update your personal information.
- would like to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- would like to transmit your information to another company.
- would like to object at any time the processing of your personal information.
- would like to know the safeguards implemented in case your personal information has been transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
- would like not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- want to withdraw consent at any point of time
HANDLING PRIVACY CONCERNS
Grievance redressal shall be carried out within one month from the date of receipt of grievance.
The Company shall put in reasonable efforts to effectively and efficiently provide redressal for any grievances raised and any breaches reported under this Policy.
Registered address of Piramal Pharma Limited:
Agastya Corporate Park,
Opposite Fire Brigade,
Kamani Junction, LBS Marg,
Kurla (West), Mumbai 400070.