Micronutrient deficiency is a lack of essential vitamins and minerals which are required in small amounts by the body for proper growth and development. Overcoming malnutrition is a precondition for ensuring rapid and appropriate development.
Micro Nutrient Powder(MNP)
- Micronutrient powder sachets (MNPs) are single-use 1 gram and 8 gram sachets. They are designed for point of use fortification of complementary foods for children and vulnerable populations to address anemia and vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
Vitamin A Solution
- Vitamin A deficiency in children often leads to night blindness, anorexia, growth retardation, susceptibility to respiratory and intestinal infections.
- Vitamin A solution is given to children from the age of 9 months to 59 months to help them fight Vitamin A deficiency.
Premixes For Ready to Eat Therapeutic & Supplementary
- RUTF is used in case of severe acute malnutrition (SAM) while RUSF is aimed at dealing with moderate acute malnutrition for children aged six months and older. They are a fortified paste containing dried skimmed milk, oil, sugar and a micronutrient mix of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Piramal specializes in manufacturing the vitamin and mineral premixes used to fortify these high energy ready-to-eat food for therapeutic and supplementary usage.
MOH Mandated Fortification Programs
- We specialize in premixes used to fortify widely consumed food vehicles (e.g. flour, milk, oil, sugar, and rice) as per government mandate
Institutional Product List
|Single dose of 1 gm and 8 gm sachet of Vitamins and minerals in powder form that can be sprinkled into any Ready- To-Eat semi-solid food consumed at home, school or any other point of use.||MICRO NUTRIENT POWDER (MNP)|
|Concentrated dosages of Vitamin A liquid which is directly given to children||VITAMIN A SOLUTION|
|Premixes used to fortify high energy ready-to-eat nutritious food for therapeutic and supplementary usage||PREMIXES FOR READY TO EAT THERAPEUTIC & SUPPLEMENTARY FOOD|
|Premixes used to fortify widely consumed food vehicle (e.g. flour, milk ,oil ,sugar ,rice) as per government mandate.||MOH MANDATED FORTIFICATION PROGRAMS|
|Cotrimoxazole is made up of 2 medicines, sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. It is an antibiotics and is used to treat or prevent certain types of infections caused by bacteria. Cotrimoxazole can reduce child mortality in HIV positive children by over 40%||COTRIMOXAZOLE TABLETS|