• Piramal Pharma Solutions completes acquisition of Solid Oral Dosage Drug Product Facility in Sellersville, Pennsylvania from G&W Laboratories Inc
• Piramal acquires Ash Stevens Inc., a US-based contract developer and manufacture of drugs specializing in high potent APIs
• Piramal acquires Kentucky-based speciality pharmaceutical CDMO, Coldstream Laboratories Inc.
• Piramal Healthcare Limited is renamed to Piramal Pharma Limited.
- Fortune 500 ranks Piramal Healthcare in the top-50 largest corporations across India
- UN Conference on the Trade and Development’s World Investment Report 2011 ranks Piramal Healthcare as No.5 in the top 10 pharmaceutical contract manufactures worldwide
- Piramal acquires Oxygen Bio-research, a CRO based in Ahmedabad, India that offers medicinal chemistry services
• Piramal sells the diagnostics division to Super Religare Laboratories Ltd.
• Biosyntech, Inc., Canada is acquired by Piramal. This is a part of the Life Science vertical, bio-orthopedics division.
• Avecia Pharmaceutical is acquired.
• Forbes 2005 List of ‘Best Small Asian Companies’ ranks Piramal Healthcare as a high value achiever.
• Global Bulk Drugs is acquired.
• Sarabhai Piramal is acquired.
• ICI Pharma is acquired.
• Started collaborative research with Centre for Biochemical Technology in the field of gene technology
• Acquired the research unit of Hoechst Marion Roussel (India) in Mumbai.
• Boehringer Mannheim is acquired.
• Acquired the bulk drug division of Sumitra Pharmaceutical and Chemicals Ltd. Hyderabad.
• Piramal entered into a joint venture agreement with Allergan, the leading manufactures of ophthalmic products
• Nicholas Laboratories Ltd. renamed to Nicholas Piramal India, Ltd.
• Formulation plant at Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh is commissioned and later expanded in 1992
• Acquired Nicholas Laboratories, initiating entry into pharmaceuticals